Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Dennis"

I know I've got to get ready for work shortly, so I haven't much time. However, I couldn't let the day go by without letting you in on a new development.

I've named my zombie.

His name is Dennis. Not sure why, that's just what came up in my brain. I figured if I was to find respect and understanding for their kind (that IS the task @ hand), I should stop referring to him as a "him". So, until I know more, he will be referred to as "Dennis". I think the inspiration was Dennis Quaid. I recently took another look @ The Rookie, and it must still be fresh in my mind. I don't necessarily think he looks like Dennis Quaid, but I've always been a fan.

On top of all of that, I took it upon myself to sketch a little drawing. Please forgive my chicken scratches, as I've never been much of an artist. While the drawing is somehow reminiscent of some mauled Peanuts character amalgamation, Dennis is really in much worse condition...not just a case of the lice or filthiness which tends to stalk little neglected Pig Pen.

Now, despite the crude illustration, you will make note of the fact that Dennis is missing his right arm. I didn't bring it up earlier, as I thought it might make some of my readers squeamish. It certainly is something to keep your stomach empty. But again, if I want to document this truthfully, then it will be no holds barred from here on out. So be it.

Maggots. That's all I'm saying.

You'll also see that his right leg is at a strange angle. He's definitely got a limp, and that only benefits me when jetting to the elevator from my vehicle.

All right. That's all for now. I do want to wish you all a happy and safe (from the zombies) day in sunny LA and elsewhere.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment